Enjoy and Support Your Urban National Wildlife Refuges
The Friends of the Front Range Wildlife Refuges (FFRWR) is a membership community that supports the two largest national wildlife refuges in the Denver metro area–the Rocky Mountain Arsenal and the Rocky flats National Wildlife Refuges.
Through member events, communications, advocacy and fundraising, we support the refgues in
* Conserving and restoring native habitat and wildlife
* Giving the public opportunities to experience wildlife and nature near a major metropolitan area
* Providing environmental education in partnerhsip with families and schools
We also support the refuges by:
* Keeping our congressional leaders and other Friends Groups informed about the successes and concerns of our refuges
* Soliciting expertise, ideas, funds, and materials from the community to help make our local refuges outstanding
Ultimately, our vision is to create two refuges in which native wildlife and habitat are maintained in a healthy ecosystem that is rich and diverse and that contributes to the education and recreational enjoyment of people from all walks of life.
The beautiful photos you see are above were taken by wildlife photographer Dave Showalter at Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge. Roll over each image to see an expanded view of the site and the wildlife that calls the Refuge home.
* Blue Stem Banquet: May 10, 2014 Embassy Suites on Havana
• FFRWR Monthly Board of Directors meetings, Third Thursday of each month from 4:00 to 6:00pm at the Visitor Center